Wednesday 14 September 2016

The Mixed Emotions of Blogging

Hi everyone! My name is Rochelle Gardner and I am currently in my 4th year at Lakehead University. I am in the Concurrent Education program majoring in English. This is my first time writing a post for a blog and I have to say that I am quite anxious but very excited. I have always wanted to start a blog when I was younger because I had a passion for writing and I wanted to write short stories and give advice but at that young age, sports and music took up most of my time. So I am thrilled to get the opportunity to be able to start a blog now and get to relive my teenage dream. However, with the thrill of starting a blog comes anxiety. I have no idea what to write or how to write it. There is the concern of trying to make my blog fun, witty and intriguing. On top of all that, I want people to finish reading a post instead of starting it, reading half way and then quickly exiting it because what I wrote was boring. I want my blog to be interesting and reflect my personality and how I am as an individual. I also want my blog to showcase my growth through out this course. With that being said, I am looking forward to enhancing my learning and letting all of you get an inside look into knowing the real me. Welcome to my blog, Rochelle's Reality.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Rochelle! Don't be anxious, writing blogs are very fun and exciting. I do agree it is a little intimidating to start one but once you know what you want to blog about then it is a lot of fun! I have written blogs before so I know how it feels when you start a blog. Your blog is about you and what you are interested in so people who have the same interests as you will eventually find you and be reading your posts. Lastly I would like to ask if you will be connecting other forms of social media to your blog? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much. It is nice to know that you have had some experience in writing blogs and to know that it is not as intimidating as I think in my head. With regards to connecting other forms of social media in my blog, I would like to somehow incorporate instagram because of the pictures that I see on my timeline. I would also like to incorporate twitter because there are always so many different types of information and other fun and exciting things. I would not know how to incorporate snapchat because I feel as though snapchat is more on a personal level and is meant to be intimately shared between close friends and family but if you have any ideas on how to incorporate snapchat in my blog, then I would love to hear them! Thanks again for your comment. It was really helpful and much appreciated. :)

    ReplyDelete