Wednesday 7 December 2016

Curation and Collecting

Hello everyone!

Welcome to another blog post. In class I learned about curating and collecting data, so this post will embody some of the websites that I collected and the different resources that can be very useful to me or soon to be teachers such as myself or to any of you who are either teachers.

The first website that I felt was interesting is called Teacher Tube.
This can be an excellent resource that I can use as a future teacher. Teacher Tube is created by teachers for teachers and it includes videos of lesson plans of how to teach certain subjects. I feel that this is a beneficial resource because I will be able to get different ideas and different teaching methods for teaching subjects. By doing this, it allows for different perspectives to come to light; especially if as a teacher, I am confused about how to teach a subject that is probably a weakness to me or my students. 


The second website that I found is called Academic EarthThis is more of an educational based website. This website has different lectures and courses as well as videos online. The lectures are also coming from all over the world and from very prestigious universities such as Yale, Harvard, Princeton and Standford. This website creates an environment that allows for easy access to information as well as material that is also easy to use. 

The next website that I found is called Symbaloo. Here is just a short instructional clip on how to use it.
This tool is another great source that teachers can use. This is a visual bookmarking tool that helps with organizational skills. You are able to have all your favourite websites within your reach and have the ability to share your online resources with anyone. This is especially useful because I will be able to compile my favourite sites and bookmarks into one interface as well as be able to access it on any device. 

The fourth website that I felt would definitely help both teachers and future educators is Ted Ed
-      
Ted Ed is an incredible website and will be very helpful for any teacher. This website is similar to Ted Talk but is more education based and contains different lessons that are shared between educators. This website highlights teachers voices from different parts around the world. What is even more incredible is that the lessons are built around youtube videos so it allows for a much more visual aspect of learning. This will be exciting for students because it changes up the dymanic in which they learn. 

The next website up is a bit well known and that is Pinterest. Here is a quick clip giving a bit of explanation of what pinterest is for those who may not know what it is. 
  This website is known for having creative designs. Pinterest serves as a book marking tool and holds a platform for producing great ideas. The different crafts that pinterests has allows for different methods of creativity to be formed. As a future teacher, this can be helpful whenever stuck on what art creations to give the class. 

The final website that I have that I thought was great is called Kids Tube.

-       I found this website to be absolutely amazing. This filters out videos that are approved just for kids so it saves the extra time that it would take to find videos that may be age appropriate for much younger students. This also allows you as a teacher to be able to upload your own videos. You will also be able to create groups or join groups and engage in educational discussions. 
 Hope you all enjoyed the fun websites and definitely make use of them! They are simply the best and extremely helpful. See you all on the next post.






No comments:

Post a Comment